Quality of Work Life
Quality of work life (QWL) refers to the favorable or unfavorable characteristics of a job environment for the people working in an organisation.
Many other terms have come to be used interchangeably with QWL such as ‘humanization of work’ ‘quality of working life, ‘industrial democracy’ and ‘participative work’.
Positive outcomes of QWL may includes:
- More control and autonomy for workers
- Recognition for those who have contributed to meeting organizational goals
- A sense of belonging to the workplace
- Opportunity for progress on the job
- Extrinsic rewards for work